Last week, we began a two-part series on the Warning Signs of Transmission Trouble. We outlined such warning signs as your car refusing to go into gear, a mysterious burning smell, noise when in neutral, the gears slipping, and the dreaded dragging clutch. This week, we are going to finish our list of the top 10 Warning Signs of Transmission Trouble.
- Leaking Transmission Fluid: Even if you know nothing else about car mechanics, you know that leaking fluid is never a good thing. The same goes for your transmission. Leaking transmission fluid is a sure sign of trouble. Transmission fluid plays a key role in your car’s ability to shift gears. This is why you should take your car to your local, Baltimore auto mechanic at the first sign of leaking transmission fluid. It doesn’t take long for a small leak to become a major issue.
- Check Engine Light lights up: Okay, your check engine light is there for a reason. Don’t ignore it. It is a great early indicator of trouble.
- Grinding: With manual transmissions, grinding sounds when you shift gears are a sure sign of transmission trouble.
- Shaking: For automatic transmissions, shaking is a clear indicator of trouble. If you feel your car shake when switching gears, you should take your vehicle to your local, Baltimore auto mechanic as soon as possible.
- Lack of Response: If your transmission hesitates to switch gears, there is probably something wrong. Transmissions are designed to go into the correct gear every time.
Auto Stop Limited: Your Source for Baltimore Transmission Repair & Replacement
Here at Auto Stop, we specialize in everything from transmission maintenance to transmission installation and repair to transmission replacement and everything in between. We provide complete transmission services at an affordable price to get your car or truck back up and running.
Auto Stop Limited is your one stop shop for all your auto repair needs.