Your car’s transmission is very complicated. Noticing the warning signs of transmission trouble, meanwhile, is much easier. If you notice any of the above issues, it is important to take your car you your local auto repair shop for a little Transmission Repair.
Warning Signs of Transmission Trouble
- Car Won’t Shift Into Gear: If you drive a manual car and notice an issue with your car not shifting into gear, there is probably something wrong with your transmission.
- Burning Smell: Oh man, what is that smell? Well, it could be burning transmission fluid. If so, it is important to take your car to the shop as soon as possible. The smell of burning transmission fluid is a clear indicator that your transmission is overheating.
- Noisy in Neutral: Is your car making a weird noise while in neutral? It could very well be an issue with your transmission.
- Gears are Slipping: If your car spontaneously pops out of gear, your transmission is probably to blame. Take your car to the shop ASAP. This issue is not only annoying, but potentially dangerous.
- Clutch is Dragging: If you notice your clutch dragging, you can blame your transmission.
- Transmission Fluid is Leaking: Notice a puddle of liquid under your car? What color is it? If it is bright red, clear and a little sweet-smelling, it is probably automatic transmission fluid.
- Check Engine Light is On: Okay, so this one is obvious. If your check engine light is on, there is a problem.
- Shake, Rattle, and Roll: Is your car shaking or rattling when shifting gears? If so, this is not normal. It is an immediate indicator of transmission trouble.
- What’s that Humming: Hmmmmmmmmmm. What is that noise? Well, while every car is different, humming sounds are most likely signs of a transmission issue.
- Lack of Response: If your car hesitates to switch gears, that is not a good sign.
If you notice any of the above warning signs of transmission trouble, take your car to your local auto repair shop as soon as possible. You do not want a small issue to become a major issue.
Transmission Repair in Annapolis, Maryland at Auto Stop Limited
Auto Stop Limited specializes in transmission repair and replacement for both cars and truck. We provide providing complete transmission services at an affordable price. Best of all, all of our work 100% guaranteed!
If you have any questions about Transmission Repair in Annapolis, please contact Auto Stop by calling 410-467-7600 or visit AutoStopLTD.com today! You can also follow Auto Stop on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.