Engine trouble. It is a car owner’s worst nightmare, especially because engine trouble can be anything from a bad water pump, battery, spark plugs, or timing belt to a complete engine overhaul. And the only way to know for sure what ails your car or truck is to bring it to your local auto mechanic, like Auto Stop Limited.
But how do you know when there is something wrong with your engine? Well, there will be warning signs. You just have to know what to look for.
Warning Signs of Engine Trouble
- Don’t ignore the Warning Light: Your car or truck has warning lights for a reason…to warn you. Still, many drivers completely ignore their warning lights. These lights are connected to sensors that monitor the health of your vehicle. If anything is not working properly, the corresponding warning light will come on. When you see one of these lights, take your car to your local auto mechanic right away. And don’t let small engine troubles develop into expensive engine problems.
- Jerking: If your car is jerking, surging, or stalling, you probably have an engine issue. And because the issue is affecting the drivability of your car or truck, it is important to get your vehicle to the auto mechanic as soon as possible.
- Engine Noise: Wait…what was that? You turn down the radio and to your dismay that sound you heard seems to be coming from your car. You never want a tapping, popping, or grinding noise to be coming from your engine. But if you do hear this, take your car to the shop as soon as possible.
- What’s that Smell? Any smell that is coming from your engine is probably not good. So if you notice an odd smell, take your car to your local auto mechanic to get things checked out.
- Smoke: Smoke is never good. If you see smoke, turn around and drive your car to your local mechanic.
Experiencing Engine Trouble? Bring your Car or Truck to Auto Stop!
At Auto Stop Limited Inc., our auto mechanics are highly trained and use the latest diagnostic technology to pinpoint your particular engine issue, repair it, and get your car back on the road as quickly as possible. We service all makes and models and guarantee all of our auto repair service.
If you have any questions, please contact Auto Stop by calling 410-467-7600 or visit AutoStopLTD.com today!
Auto Stop Limited is your one stop shop for all your auto repair needs. And all work 100% guaranteed!
Source: Top 5 Signs of Engine Trouble