Summer is right around the corner, which means one thing: summer vacations! But before you hop in the car and drive to your vacation destination, it is important to ensure your car is up to the challenge. So, over the next several weeks, we are going to outline the most important maintenance steps you should take before departing on your summer vacation. This week, we are going to focus on the Benefits of a Wheel Alignment.
- Even Tire Wear: Tires are anything but cheap, so it only makes sense to get the most out of your current tires. One way to do this is to have your wheels aligned. This will help your tires wear more evenly, thus extending their useful life. Conversely, improperly aligned tires put unnecessary stress on your tires, causing uneven wear and shortening the life of your tires.
- Improved Drivability: If you notice your car drifting to one side or the other, you probably need to have your wheels aligned. Properly aligned wheels make your car much easier to drive.
- Better Gas Mileage: Improperly aligned wheels result in poor gas mileage. When your wheels are properly aligned, it cuts down on rolling resistance, thus improving gas mileage. This will be especially beneficial on a long road trip.
- Keep that Warranty: The warranties of your tires could be voided if you avoid regular wheel alignments.
- Cut Down on Unnecessary Wear and Tear: Improperly aligned tires put unnecessary stress on other parts of your car, as well, not just your tires.
- Save Money: As you can imagine after reading all of the above benefits, wheel alignments help you save money!
Swing by Auto Stop, Your Baltimore Auto Mechanic today to have your wheel aligned. It is our mission to keep your vehicle running in top condition. This is why we offer 4-Wheel Laser Alignment as part of our 5-star auto repair service.