With Thanksgiving right around the corner, millions of people will be on the move this holiday weekend. In fact, AAA estimates that 43 million people will be traveling today (Wednesday), alone. And of these 43 million, about 1 million are right here in the Baltimore-Washington DC area. Are you one of these people? If so, we at Auto Stop have compiled a few Holiday Travel Tips to help keep you and your loved ones safe this Thanksgiving!
- Check your Car: Give your car a quick inspection to make sure it is roadworthy. Make sure your headlights, brake lights, brakes, windshield wipers, and tires are all working correctly.
- Check the Road Conditions: Check the weather and the condition of the roads and allow yourself enough time to reach your destination safely.
- Buckle Up: First and foremost, buckle up! It is not only the law, but it is just smart. And always use both the lap and the shoulder belts. Maryland law requires: all drivers and front seat passengers to be restrained by seat belts; all children under 16 years old must wear a seatbelt; and all children under 8 years old must be in a car seat or booster seat unless they weigh more than 65 pounds or are 4’9” or taller.
- Plan Ahead: If you are travel a long distance, factor in unplanned stops when estimating arrival time.
- Be Safe: If car trouble develops, pull off the road as far as possible.
- Have fun and be Safe
Happy Thanksgiving from everyone here at Auto Stop!
If you have any questions, please contact Auto Stop by calling 410-467-7600 or visit AutoStopLTD.com today!
Auto Stop Limited is your one stop shop for all your auto repair needs. And all work 100% guaranteed!