Your personal vehicle is an important investment that should be maintained properly to get the most out of it. While many people keep their engine in good shape through regular checkups and oil changes, and will even get the exterior of their car washed every so often, not too many people worry about the interior of their vehicle. Some only end up cleaning the interior when it hinders seating or starts to smell bad! But a dirty cabin can also create operational problems, from grimy windows obscuring your view of the road to dust and allergens pumping out of your air vents. Take care of the interior of your vehicle with these helpful tips!
Your vacuum will become your best friend when cleaning the inside of your vehicle, so make sure you have a good one available. One with several attachments and an extension hose is essential. Work from top to bottom in your cabin so that you pick up any dirt that becomes dislodged from the top. Use the upholstery nozzle when working on carpeted areas and use the crevice tool to get to the hard-to-reach areas of your interior.
There are quite a few different surfaces in your car interior that will require different cleansers for their upkeep. You don’t have to go out and buy specialty car cleaning supplies – in most cases, using regular household cleaners will do the trick. However, it is important to use the right cleaning material for the right surface.
- Carpet: Steam cleaners are the best option for cleaning carpets in your vehicle, but they are a little pricey to rent just to clean the car. If you don’t own one but want to avoid the expense, a general carpet cleaner is usually sufficient for the job.
- Cloth Seats: If you have a steam cleaner, check to see if you need to use a special upholstery attachment or cleaner for the cloth seats. Otherwise, use a spray-on upholstery cleaner and work it with a soft brush.
- Leather: Leather soap is available to clean any leather seating or trim in the vehicle.
- Glass: Windex or other glass cleaners will work on your car windows and mirrors, but take care to spray the cleaner on your cloth instead of directly on the windows to prevent streaking
- Other Hard Surfaces: For any other hard surfaces in the interior of your vehicle, a simple all-purpose cleaner can help them shine again!
Need an Oil Change, Your Tires Rotated, or Other Car Maintenance?
Auto Stop Limited Inc. is happy to service your vehicle and make sure all of your maintenance needs are properly addressed and resolved. Contact Auto Stop Limited Inc. online or give us a call at (410) 467-7600 to get your questions answered today. To get more vehicle maintenance tips, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.