Your car’s battery is an essential part of your vehicle because it provides the electricity needed for the engine to work. Essentially, a car’s battery provides the starter with the voltage it needs. Because car batteries are so important, it is essential to maintain them so they can last for a long time. One way to maintain your battery is to clean it. Over time, the terminals of your car’s battery can get dirty, which can affect your car’s performance. Here are the steps you should follow to clean the battery in your car.
- Turn the engine off to minimize the amount of potential danger, open your hood, and locate the car’s battery under your hood.
- Using a wrench, loosen the nut that secures your negative cable and detach the cable.
- Repeat step 2 with the positive cable
- Look at your car’s battery and check to see if there are any cracks or other issues you can see with it. If there are any cracks in it, you may have to purchase a new battery for your car.
- Inspect the cables and clamps for any physical damage. Similarly to the battery itself, if there are serious physical issues with them then you should consider purchasing new ones.
- Prepare a mixture of one tablespoon of baking soda in one cup of water, and get a toothbrush. Scrub your battery terminals until they are clean. Make sure to use a good amount of force to get the battery clean.
- Use a spray bottle filled with cool water to rinse off any leftover baking soda mixture or battery corrosion. It is important to make sure the battery is completely free of debris.
- Finally, use a rag to dry the battery and reattach its cables.
Car Maintenance and Service From Your Baltimore Auto Repair Experts at Auto Stop Limited!
Auto Stop Limited Inc. is happy to service your vehicle and make sure all of your maintenance needs are properly addressed and resolved. No matter what car troubles you may be experiencing, Auto Stop Limited Inc. will help you every step of the way.
Throughout the Baltimore area – including Charles Village, Hampden, Mount Vernon, Fells Point, Federal Hill, and the Inner Harbor – Auto Stop Limited, Inc is your one stop shop for all your auto repair needs. If you are looking for the highest-quality automotive service, come in today for a free estimate – or call us and let us know how our skilled experts can keep your vehicle up and running, safely and fast!