Any of us who were ever in the Boy Scouts know just how important it is to “Always Be Prepared.” Well, the same goes for driving, as well. That is why we recommend putting together your own Car Emergency Kit. This way you are ready to deal with almost anything the road can throw your way.
Building your own Car Emergency Kit
- Cell Phone: First and foremost, make sure you have a cell phone with you at all times. This way, if something happens, you can call for help. And don’t forget your car charger. A dead cell phone does you no good.
- First-Aid Kit: In case someone is injured, be sure to have a first-aid kit handy to treat anything from a small cut to burns.
- Flashlight: If you break down, especially at night, it is important to see what you are doing.
- Basic Tools: It is nice to have a few basic tools handy to help fix minor problems. This includes: a set of sockets, open-end wrenches, a screwdriver, and pliers.
- Fire Extinguisher: A car fire can happen for any number of reasons. And stopping the fire before it gets out of control is paramount in saving your vehicle. We recommend carrying a compact unit that’s labeled 1A10BC or 2A10BC.
- Flares or Hazard Triangles: If you break down on the side of the road, it is important to make your presence known, especially at night.
- Jack and Lug Wrench: If you experience a flat tire, it is important to have a jack and lug wrench so you can replace the flat. Obviously, a spare tire is extremely important, as well.
- Air Compressor: It is also a good idea to have an air compressor handy in case your tire looks a little low.
- Jumper Cables: Never leave home without your jumper cables. They can be a real life saver if your battery dies!
Winter Car Emergency Kit
Aside from the above items, it is important to carry the following during the cold, winter months:
- Windshield Scraper: If you can’t see out of your windshield, you can’t go anywhere!
- Small Folding Shovel: If you get stuck in the snow, you will need to be able to dig yourself out.
- Kitty Litter: Need traction? Grab the kitty litter!
Most importantly, bring your Car or Truck to Auto Stop Ltd. for Regular Check Ups
At Auto Stop Limited Inc., our auto mechanics are highly trained and use the latest diagnostic technology to help keep your vehicle running in top condition. We service all makes and models and best of all, all of our work 100% guaranteed!
If you have any questions, please contact Auto Stop by calling 410-467-7600 or visit AutoStopLTD.com today!
Auto Stop Limited is your one stop shop for all your auto repair needs.