Tire alignment is the best way to ensure that your tires and vehicle are performing properly, wearing evenly, and driving safely. Auto Stop Limited offers quick and convenient tire alignment to all of our customers to keep their tires in great shape.
What Is Wheel Alignment or Tire Alignment?
Wheel alignment is the process of adjusting the angles of your wheels so they are parallel to each other and perpendicular to the ground. Wheel alignment extends the life of your tires and allows your vehicle to drive straight, without lilting to one side.
What Are the Signs that I Need an Alignment?
Some of the most common signs of tire alignment issues include:
- Your tires wear very quickly
- Uneven wear on your tires
- Your wheel or vehicle pulls or drifts away from a straight line
- Your vehicle seems to wander or drift on a level and straight surface
- When driving on a straight and level surface, your steering wheel spokes are off on one side
What Do Uneven Wear Patterns Look Like?
Grab a few coins and head outside to where your car is parked to easily check for uneven wear patterns in your tires. Take three coins and place one at the inside of the tire, one in the center tread, and the last on the outside of the tire. If the tire tread is deeper on the inside and outside, your tire is overinflated. If the tread is deeper in the center, your tire is underinflated. If your tire tread is deeper on one side (inside or outside), your wheel alignment should be adjusted.
What Causes a Vehicle to Become Out of Alignment?
Especially if you live in an area with poorly-maintained roads, it can be incredibly easy to get your wheels out of alignment in a short amount of time. Some of the most common things that throw a wheel out of alignment include:
- Hitting the curb when you are driving (even one time can do it!)
- Going over speed bumps too quickly
- Hitting a pothole or crack in the road at any speed
- Getting into a car accident of any severity
- Improperly maintaining the rest of your car
- Bumping into concrete parking barriers
Why is Wheel Alignment Important?
Wheel alignment is the best way to make sure your car drives smoothly and safely. Your car was designed to operate under certain tire alignments, so when it operates without those angles in place, it is never operating as it was designed to. Luckily for you, tires are expensive and the alignment isn’t!
For the Baltimore area – including Mount Vernon, Fells Point, Federal Hill and Inner Harbor – Auto Stop Limited, Inc is your one stop shop for all your auto repair needs. If you are looking for the highest-quality automotive service, come in today for a free estimate – or call us and let us know how our skilled experts can keep your vehicle up and running, safely and fast!
520 East 25th Street
Baltimore, MD 21218